- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vershbow: the USA support the sovereignty of Georgia2009-10-20 13:08
The USA sticks to the strong position in the issues of sovereignty, territorial integrity protection and economic development of Georgia, Alexander Vershbow, the Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs (ISA), said and added that these issues have principal significance for the USA - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He explained Washington wants to see Tbilisi as a strong and independent partner, able to defend itself.
At the meeting of the working group Vershbow said Washington intends to work out the plan in the frame work of which the USA will cooperate with Georgia to assist it in NATO integration. Previously Georgia Times reported that Vershbow held a meeting with Georgian experts.
The meeting was held behind the closed doors in Tbilisi Marriott hotel, after its ending expert Giya Nodia announced that foreign threats relations with Russia and prospects of democracy development in Georgia were discussed.
"We perfunctorily discussed the issues at the level of principles. There was no discussion in depth", Nodia said. He highlighted that the USA continue the support of Georgia, and it's very important.