- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vershbow: the reset of relations with Russia will not be conducted at the cost of Georgia2009-10-21 12:49
The reset of relations between the USA and Russia won't be conducted at the cost of Georgia's interests, stated Alexander Vershbow, the U.S. Assistant Secretary of Defense in his exclusive interview to Imedi TV channel broadcasted yesterday evening - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The reset with Russia won't happen at the cost of U.S friends' interests, he said and added that America was given the opportunity to have productive dialog with Russia on issues like Georgia. Vershbow said the U.S. side clearly explained Russia it would support its [U.S.] friends to the end and didn't intend to bargain Georgia's interest to improve relations with Russia.
Previously Georgia Times reported that according to Pentagon envoy, the USA saw no reason to deploy either elements of missile defense shield or military bases in the territory of Georgia, but would assist the country in modernization of defense system and NATO integration process.
The visit of the delegation, headed by Alexander Vershbow, took place on October 19th - 20th.