- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Conservatives demand to prohibit Liberty Institute activities2009-10-21 16:07
The Conservative Party of Georgia demands the authorities to prohibit activities of the Liberty Institute NGO.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's briefing Zviad Dzidziguri voiced that demand, caused by campaign to compromise the Catholicos Patriarch Ilia II.
"The Conservative Party demands to prohibit activities of Liberty Institute in the same way as in the global practice the activities of anti-semitist and fascist organisations are prohibited. The purposeful struggle of the Liberty institute against the Georgian Apostolic Church and the Catholicos Patriarch went beyond any limits", Dzidziguri highlighted.
He added that videos the organisation spreads via Web pages, offend religious and patriotic feelings of thousands of Georgian citizens.
"It can lead to reprisals over the Liberty Institute members, and it's out of interests of Georgia", Dzidziguri stated and underlined that the prohibition will be the optimal solution.
Previously Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, and Irakli Alasania, the pro-opposition Alliance for Georgia leader, expressed protest against the campaign compromising Ilia II.