- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Christopoulos arrived in South Ossetia2009-10-22 10:22
Yesterday the delegation of Geneva Talks co-chairmen, headed by OSCE special envoy Charalampos Christopoulos, arrived in Tskhinval. They met with Boris Chochiyev, South Ossetian president s plenipotentiary for post-conflict settlement and Murat Jioyev, the Foreign Minister- Res.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The sides discussed questions to be discussed the 8th round of Geneva Talks: development of non-use of force agreement, problems of missing people and of Leninogori region gas supplies.
In the light of Tagliavini s commission report we ll have to revise some approaches, -Chochiyev said. We don t agree with many positions, but the main for us was voiced: Georgia started war. In recent times many political leaders of Georgia and military experts have been saying the same. We expect that in Geneva we ll hear the official position of the EU on the report .
Christopoulos highlighted that all the involved sides must do everything do not let the tragedy of August 2008 repeat. He added that restoration of all mechanisms of trust, documents, processes able to guarantee non-repetition of the tragedy, is very important and is, in fact, the task of Geneva Talks.