- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Patriarch spread a special statement2009-10-22 11:12
According to the special statement, spread by the Georgian Patriarchy yesterday, the information campaign against Ilia II and the Georgian Orthodox Church, is aimed to cause distrust to the Church and destroy the bases of the state - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"For many centuries Christianity was the uniting force and ideological basis for the Georgian state. The enemies of our unity and freedom constantly struggled with it in the past and struggle now", the document says.
"The information campaign, conducted against the Patriarch and the Church, is aimed to seed the distrust to the Church in order to ruin easily the bases of the Georgian state, and base the future of Georgia on strange rules, unacceptable for Georgian traditions", the document states.
The statement reflects the indignation of parishioner and the people in general, demands the response and calls on parishioners to stay calm and pray.
The Church representatives addressed the Public TV with an initiative grant live air to the public figures the Church would choose "to respond to the actions of malefactors".
Previously both opposition and the President's administration condemned the campaign against the Catholicos Patriarch and the Georgian Orthodox Church.