- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bakradze continues meetings in the USA2009-10-22 11:42
Georgian Speaker David Bakradze, staying in the USA with an official visit, yesterday held a number of meetings with representatives of government and NGOs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He met with William Burns, the Assistant Secretary of State, and discussed issue of bilateral relations According to the Parliament press service, Burns highlighted the importance of supporting Georgia as the strategic partner of the USA, and reinforcement of relations between Georgia and international organisations, including NATO.
With NATO PA President, the U.S. Congressman John Taylor the Speaker focused on Georgia's integration in European and Atlantic Space.
Taylor promised that the issue of Georgia would be discussed in NATO PA autumn session, and the corresponding document would be prepared.
Bakradze also met with representatives of the International Republican Institute and the Atlantic Council. At these meetings the domestic political and economic situation in Georgia, reforms conducted by the authorities, were discussed.