- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Special group to boycott Sochi Olympics to be established in Georgia2009-10-22 12:19
The special working group to deal with issue of boycotting the Sochi Olympics and development the forms of protest will soon be organized in Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decision was made at yesterday's joint sitting of parliamentary committees for foreign relations, for territorial integrity restoration, and for relations with compatriots residing abroad.
MPs highlighted that the Olympic games, symbolizing peace, cannot be hosted by the country " "practicing overt combat actions in the territory of the neighboring state and conducting its annexation".
They also noted the preparation causes serious harm to the ecology of Georgia and the entire region, as materials necessary for construction, are taken from the Black Sea and the coast.
The Parliament of Georgia intends to reinforce the cooperation with the world community to involve as many countries as possible in boycotting the Sochi Olympics.
Shota Malashkhia, the chairman of the committee for territorial integrity restoration proposed to host goodwill games as alternative, but colleagues rejected this initiative because of the lack of money for implementation.
The working group for boycotting the Sochi Olympics will include representatives of various state structures, compatriots abroad, and experts.