- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Commission to investigate Gamsakhurdia’s death will include 11 members2009-10-22 14:58
At today's plenary sitting the Parliament of Georgia made decision to establish the ad hoc fact-finding commission to investigate the death of Zviad Gamsakhurdia, the ex-President of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The commission will work for 3 months and will include 11 members to be named within 2 weeks - Trend News.
Zviad Gamsakhurdia was the president for only 7 months, in 1991-1992. In early 1992, in result of the armed civil confrontation he had to leave Georgia. He and his family were hosted in Grozniy by Jokhar Dudayev. In 1993 Gamsakhurdia returned to West Georgia, tried to retrieve the presidential power, but failed. On December 31st 1993 he died in one of the settlements in West Georgia under unknown circumstances. The official version states he committed suicide, but practically everyone in the country believe he was murdered.