- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia believes in joining NATO without MAP2009-10-22 16:56
Tbilisi can't rule out joining NATO without participation in MAP [membership action plan].gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today the Vice PM, the State Minister for reintegration issues, Temur Ikobashvili said that the annual national program Georgia implements is the "mirror reflection" of MAP.
"So, if it concerns meeting the criteria, we have the opportunity to comply with all the obligations in the framework of this document, and it will make us closer to NATO," he mentioned.
"The rest is only a political decision to be made by NATO member countries", Iakobashvili said.
Alexander Nalbandov, the deputy Foreign Minister underlined that closer ties and consequent joining the Alliance is possible, and no specific way to do it has any exclusive rights - RIA Novosti.
"To put it simple, our annual plan is the paradigm with the mediation of which we have a clear understanding what steps must be done today, what steps must be done in medium and long prospect".
In 2008, at the NATO summit in Bucharest Georgia and Ukraine were stated to become the Alliance members, yet were rejected to be given the status of candidates for admission.