- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
List of people who financed opposition published2009-10-22 18:08
Georgian mass media published a list of people who allegedly financed opposition protests in April-July 2009.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It includes 17 businessmen and former governmental officials, who, according to the data of media, allocated about USD 47 mln.
The list is headed by Zurab Tsereteli, a well-known sculptor, and Mikheil Khubutia, the head of the Union of Georgians in Russia. They allegedly allocated USD 7 mln each.
Aslan Abashidze, the ex-head of Ajaria "gave" 6 mln; ex-Interior Minister Kakha Targamadze - 4 mln; the same for Alexander Ebralidze, the Russian businessman of Georgian origin.
Neither people from the list nor opposition members have already commented the data. Mass media state the list isn't complete; and add that USD 80 mln were allocated for protest actions against the present-day regime.