- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Sokhumi expressed anxiety over Vershbow’s statements2009-10-23 16:11
Abkhaz Foreign Ministry expressed anxiety over the expressed support of Georgia's territorial integrity by the USA, despite the continuing military aid from the U.S to Georgia - Apsnypress.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"This statement doesn't only fails to recognize new realities, but also contradicts the process of stability restoration in the region after the August crisis of 2008",the comment of the Ministry says. "Using the U.S. military support, Georgia unleashed a bloody war against South Ossetia and in this way created the unprecedented threat for regional security. In many aspects the actions of the Georgian government were nourished by the desire to join NATO".
The Foreign Ministry of Abkhazia believes that Vershbow's statement ignores the results of the EU fact-finding commission's work and event the official course of the USA, as, in the view of the Abkhazian side, the Assistant Secretary of Defense supported the course and actions of Saakashvili regime, which had committed numerous war crimes.