- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Party of Economic Development of Abkhazia named the candidate2009-10-23 16:41
The pro-opposition Party of Economic Development of Abkhazia named its presidential candidate: Beslan Butba.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decision was made at today's party convention - RIA Novosti.
Butba is the ex-MP of Abkhazian parliament, ex-businessman from Moscow, de-facto owner of the Abaza [private TV channel] and the Echo of Abkhazia [newspaper].
At the convention he presented the report giving negative assessment to the situation in the country and proposed the party program to drive Abkhazia out of crisis.
Delegates unanimously supported the vice-presidential candidate Almasbei Kchcha, the ex-interior Minister in the administration of ex-President Vkadislav Ardzinba.
The nomination of candidates started on October 13th and finishes on November 2nd.
The convention of pro-presidential United Abkhazia is planned for October 27th.