- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The EU Monitoring Mission spread a special statement over the detention of 16 Georgians2009-10-27 10:59
The EU Monitoring Mission [EUMM] in Georgia spread the special statement over the yesterday's detention of 16 Georgians in Gremiskhevi settlement of Dusheti region.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"EUMM expresses concern about the recent incident in which 16 Georgian citizens from the village of Gremiskhevi were arrested by Russian Border Guards whilst cutting firewood in the vicinity of the ABL.
A meeting on site between GEO and SO de facto authorities which was scheduled at short notice and which the EUMM was due to attend, did not take place. Therefore, EUMM urges all parties to discuss and settle the matter within the framework of the IPRM.
The arrest of the 16 residents of Gremiskhevi seriously affects the daily life of this village. At the same time, the incident reflects the wider problem of activities along the ABL which are likely to increase due preparations for the winter season. EUMM believes the IPRM is the appropriate forum to discuss the matter in order to reach a sustainable solution," the statement says.