- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Obama won’t hurry to send soldiers to Afghanistan2009-10-27 11:48
"While I will never hesitate to use force to protect the American people or our vital interests, I also promise you this - and this is very important as we consider our next steps in Afghanistan: I will never rush the solemn decision of sending you into harm's way," Obama said Monday during a visit to Naval Air Station Jacksonville. "I won't risk your lives unless it is absolutely necessary". - The Associated Pressgt-en-newsitem-inside
Previously Georgia and the USA started the "Immediate Response"2-week joint military maneuvers, held in the course of the program for training military to be sent to Afghanistan.
The drills are designed to promote Georgian forces interoperability during the international security assistance mission in Afghanistan. For the period of these exercises the training will be focused on preparation of Georgian Armed Forces for counterterrorist operations. Georgian servicemen together with the US militaries will perform counterterrorist operations in Afghanistan.
The group of U.S. marines started training Georgian military in early September. The 31st infantry battalion is undergoing the 6-month training course. Then the battalion will participate in the peacekeeping operation in Afghanistan.