- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. General visited maneuvers in Georgia2009-10-29 13:22
The US General got acquainted with carrying out of the Georgian-US Immediate Response 2009 military training. The U.S. VII Army and USAREUR (the United States European Command) Commanding General, Carter F. Ham arrived in Georgia and visited the Vaziani Military Base and attended military training - Ministry of Defense of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
General Carter F. Ham was received by Deputy Defence Minister, Nodar Kharshiladze and Chief of the Joint Staff of GAF, Major General Devi Tchankotadze.
The sides discussed issues related to the defense cooperation between Georgia and the United States, assistance program in this field, cooperative activities implemented and planed by the United States European Command under this program were. Parties conducted talks about participation of the Georgian contingent in NATO-led operation in Afghanistan (ISAF) and Georgia's NATO integration matters as well.
One Georgian battalion will serve under U.S command, the company - under French one. The first party will be sent this autumn, the second - next spring.