- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
One of the streets in Tbilisi to be named after Anna Politkovskaya2009-10-29 14:31
One of the streets in Vake-Saburtali district of Tbilisi will be named after Anna Politkovskaya.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decision was made at today's sitting of Tbilisi sakrebulo [local self-governance organ].
A Sofiko Chiaureli street will also appear in the capital - Novosti-Gruzia.
Anna Politkovskaya, the Russian journalist, was killed on October 7th 2006 in Lesnaya street in Moscow. The criminal shot 4 times and left. 3 persons were charged: Sergey Khajikurbanov; Jarail and Ibrahim Makhmudov . Pavel Ryaguzov, the FSS employee was accused of authority abuse and extortion. In 2009 the additional investigation started.
Sofiko Chaiureli is a Georgian actress, acted in over 100 movies. She's the only Soviet actress who won the prize for the best female role in international contests. She died of a long disease on March 2nd 2008 in Tbilisi, buried in Dubibi pantheon in the capital of Georgia.