- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
16 detained Georgians chopped woods illegally2009-10-29 17:24
Citizens of Georgia, detained in South Ossetia, performed illegal activities in border strip, said Andrey Nesterenko, the official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry, commenting the statement of the Georgian Foreign Ministry about allegedly kidnapped 16 Georgian citizens.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Russian border guards detained 16 citizens of Georgia, who illegally chopped valuable woods in the territory of South Ossetia, - the diplomat informed. - The woods subsequently were directed to the furniture factories in Georgia ".
According to the federal Security Service of Russia, the group possessed special equipment for mass chopping the woods - ITAR TASS.
Nesterenko said that despite the text of the note, they have nothing to do with chopping fire woods
"He added that the detained were delivered to the Prosecutor's Office of South Ossetia, where the criminal case is instituted and investigation started.
"Yesterday their coordinates were checked with the help of communication satellites, and we confirmed it took place in the territory of South Ossetia. It has been the second group performing illegal activities in the border strip of South Ossetia and Georgia".