- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Monitoring group found no terrorists in Pankisi2009-10-30 10:35
The special monitoring group, established upon the initiative of the Christian Democtatic fraction of the georgian Parliament found no terrorists in Pankisi Gorge.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In mid September Alexander Bortnikov, the Federal Security Service of Russia director, said that Georgian special services help Al Qaeda emissaries to transfer terrorists to Chechnya and deliver weapons to Dagestan.
The special monitoring group included representatives of practically all diplomatic missions, accredited in Georgia, and representatives of the EU and the European Commission, journalists, experts and Christian Democratic movement members.
Nikoloz Laliashvili, the deputy head of the fraction, said that the monitors talked to local residents, refugees from Chechnya, law enforcement representatives - RIA Novosti.
"In result, we got the full picture of the situation at site. In particular, there are no militants, terrorists, no bases of armed groupings. Moreover, there were moving even of small armed groups at the border", Laliashvili said.
At the same time he admitted that despite generally positive assessment of the situation, threats at the border with Russia still exist.
Following the initiative of the Christian Democrats, the monitoring will continue in all the regions of the country "where Russia points". The next is planned to be Truso Gorge.