- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Appathurai: NATO integration of Ukraine and Georgia won’t spoil relations with Russia2009-10-30 15:48
According to NATO spokesman James Appathurai, Ukraine's and Georgia's joining NATO won't spoil relations between the Alliance and Russia - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He highlighted that the democratic countries meeting certain standards, can become the Alliance members, and it also concerns Ukraine and Georgia. He noted these principles are critical for NATO. Appathurai mentioned that the Secretary general's position, stating that the practical cooperation between Russia and NATO mustn't be a hostage of existing divergence.
Previously Appathurai stated that Russia and the Alliance mustn't focus on contradictions over the territorial integrity of Georgia but rather develop relations.
He believes that the general analysis of the situation can help to work out other views and opinions on Georgia and make the two positions closer.