- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Military maneuvers finished in Georgia2009-10-30 18:18
Immediate Response joint military drills of Georgia and the USA finished in Vaziani military base - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The maneuvers were attended by high ranks of the Ministry of Defense, the Armed Forces and mass media.
"The United States expresses its appreciation about Georgia's strong commitment to participate voluntarily in the most crucial peacekeeping operation in Afghanistan,"- is declared in the official statement issued by the United States Embassy to Georgia.
Immediate Response drills were part of the program aiming to train Georgian military for participation of Georgian military in the operation for international security cooperation in Afghanistan. At that stage the armed forces of Georgia had an extraordinary training for counter-terrorist operation. Georgian military will conduct the counter-terrorist operations with the U.S. military.
The group of U.S. marines started training of Georgian soldiers in early September. The 31st infantry battalion is undergoing the 6-month course. Then it will be sent to Afghanistan.