- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili forgot about refugees?2009-10-30 18:46
According to Ioseph Shatberashvili, the Secretary of Labour Party, the point implying financing the fund of internally displaced persons, "evaporated" from state budget-2010 - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"In 2008 GEL 498 000 were at the account of the fund; in 2009 - GEL 800 000, and nothing implied for 2010", he informed.
On August 9th 2009 the UN GA supported the Georgian draft resolution on condition of refugees from Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The document confirms the right of all internally displaced persons, refugees, and their progeny for return to their houses "in the territory of Georgia", including Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The Russian side protested against the draft
The resolution also mentioned the necessity to work out the schedule allowing voluntary, safe, decent and unimpeded return of all IDPs and refugees aggrieved in conflicts in Georgia.