- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN Secretary General’s representative is awaited in South Ossetia2009-11-03 11:56
Walter Kälin, the Representative of the UN Secretary-General on the Human Rights of Internally Displaced Persons will visit South Ossetia on November 5th -6th.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the envoy himself, this trip is the continuation of his mission to Georgia in October 2008.
In the course of his visit to the republic the U.N. Secretary General will acquaint with situation with internally displaced persons, who found themselves in that position after August 2008 and since 1990s.
Kälin will prepare the report on results of his trip and pass it to consideration of the UN Human Rights Council in March 2010 - ITAR TASS.
Specific recommendations to provide aid to IDPs will be developed in accordance with the report.