- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Committee for healthcare to discuss ways to prevent swine flu epidemic2009-11-05 12:25
The issue of swine flu spread prevention will be considered at the sitting of the committee for healthcare to be held in the nearest days.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At yesterday's sitting of the government Nikoloz Gilauri, the PM of Georgia, ordered Alexander Kvitashvili, the Ministry of Labor, Healthcare and Social Protection, to hold the meeting.
He said more active work is needed to inform fully and in detail the population about the situation in the neighbouring countries.
Both the taken preventive measures and plans for the future would be discussed.
Kvitashvili believes that there are no grounds for panic now. According to his data, 31 case of the disease was registered, practically all - imported, no lethal cases so far.
According to the Minister, the country's stock of tamiflu [medicine, used in severe cases] is enough, besides, Georgia rendered aid to Ukraine and sent medicines and other means to fight the swine flu.
The latest cases were revealed on November 3rd. Two infected arrived from Ukraine, one- from Turkey, one - from Great Britain.