- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Armenia disclaimed messages about clashes at border with Georgia2009-11-05 17:40
The National Security Service of Armenia refuted messages about clashes of border guards at Armenian-Georgian border involving Georgian troops.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Service's spokesman, Artsvin Bagramyan, explained that technical works on demarcation are taking place at the border, and what happened remains in the framework of working dispute - Interfax.
He disclaimed messages about drawn Georgian troops and arrived heads of border guard services at site.
It's worthy noticing that incidents between border guards of these countries are not rare now.
Disputes on delimitation and demarcation of the border exist between Georgia and Armenia and Georgia and Azerbaijan as well.
The inter-governmental commission on delimitation and demarcation of Armenian-georgian border was formed in 1995. In 2006 it was announced that 110 km out of 206 are agreed, the remaining are disputable. Dispputable are territories of Bavra [Shirak region of Armenia], territories adjacent to border in Samtskhe-Javakheti. Geoegia believes the Armenian area of Lori belongs to it.
The issue was discussed in the course of Georgian Foreign Minister's visit to Armenia on September 5th. After the visit the meeting of intergovernmental commission was held, but the positions of the sides remain very different.