- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian-American maneuvers finished yesterday2009-11-09 10:42
Immediate Response military maneuvers, conducted in Georgia, in Krtsanisi training center, in the course of recent two weeks, finished - Interfax. The drills were the part of the program on training Georgian military before sending to Afghanistan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the course of the exercise the Armed Forces of Georgia were prepared for the counter-terrorist joint operation with U.S. military.
The U.S. marines started training of Georgian troops to be sent to Afghanistan in September. The 31st infantry battalion in undergoing the 6 month training course to participate in ISAF operation under the aegis of NATO.
In early August the Parliament of Georgia endorsed the initiative of President Mikheil Saakashvili to send a company and a battalion to participate in peacemaking operation. The battalion will serve with U.S. contingent, the company - with French. The first party is expected to be sent this autumn, the next - in spring 2010.