- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
One more student in Georgia infected with meningitis2009-11-09 11:14
A student of the fourth form [Tbilisi school#147 public] has been hospitalized with the diagnosis of viral meningitis. The patient is being treated in the Tbilisi Clinic of Infection Diseases and his condition is stable now - Rustavi 2.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Due to the fact of the infection, classes have been stopped. Only few students attended the school today and left the building immediately.
Disinfection works will be conducted in the school later today. Tomorrow the classes will be resumed.
Meanwhile, unofficial medicine representatives, including Tina Topuria, the homeopathy center head, expressed anxiety. In one of the newspapers she published the article stating the authorities are concealing the truth. In her opinion, these 20 children who had already died of so-called viral or bacterial meningitis, in fact fell victims to the swine flu.
The Ministry of health doesn't comment her statement. According to the official information, 36 people were infected with the swine flu, all caught the virus abroad, no lethal cases in Georgia registered.