- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Series of terrorist acts thwarted in Abkhazia2009-11-10 14:33
Russian border guards thwarted a series of terrorist acts in Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On November 9th in Gulripsi region, bordering on Georgia, a big cache with ammunition was found, the public relations service of the Federal Security Service of Russia says - RIA Novosti.
It contained over 100 shots for grenade launcher. "The condition and quantity of found ammunition let us draw a conclusion that people who had organized that cache had intentions to conduct terrorist acts in the territory of the Republic of Abkhazia to destabilize the situation", the statement says.
No border guard suffered in the process. All the ammunition will be eliminated, the FSS says. The people, who could organize the cache, are being sought now.
According to the agreement signed on April 30th Russia will guard Abkhazian border until the republican border guarding bodies are formed.