- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
PA GUAM finished its work in Georgia2009-11-10 17:42
The fourth sitting of GUAM Parliamentary Assembly was finished today in Tbilisi. The meetings were held in Sheraton Metekhi Palace, and resulted in adoption of the communiqué and two resolutions.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Maximal approach to the European and Atlantic structures, energy security, forming the one economic market, antiterrorist activities, struggle with crime, development of democratic institutions were the main issues to be included in the communiqué.
The resolutions concern the work of the committees of the Parliamentary Assembly and participation of organisation representatives in presidential elections in Ukraine as monitors.
The conclusions of the PA GUAM 2-day work were drawn at today's press conference - Trend.
"Our purpose is to is to strengthen cooperation at the governmental level with the parliamentary component. Tomorrow the GUAM member countries' foreign Ministers meeting will be held. The specific project will be adopted at that meeting", said Geoergian MP Khukhunaishvili.
The next sitting of PA GUAM will possibly be held in Moldova, but, according to Khukhunaishvili, the final decision will be made at the organisation summit.
Alongside with member countries' delegations, the President of the Parliamentary Assembly of Baltic Countries participated in the sitting.