- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: opposition doesn’t care about people’s needs2009-11-11 11:16
"Our opposition drives jeeps, has money for offices in the centre of the city. Eats and drinks well, and doesn't care whether a peasant from Kareli, Gori, Rachi or Akhaltsikhe can sell his products", said President Mikheil Saakashvili at the ceremony of opening Hipp Georgia plant in settlement Agara [Kareli region].gt-en-newsitem-inside
He mentioned that several months ago, when mass protest actions were staged in Tbilisi, he was holding a meeting with one of the Hipp representatives in a restaurant, opposition learnt about it and surrounded the restaurant, yelling offensive words.
"True opposition doesn't behave like that", the President concluded.
He added that there are people in the country who really wish the development of country; and there are those who feels excellently and wishes only bad to the rest.
"In this case they failed", Saakashvili said and underlined that Hipp not only opened the factory, but also involved the previously abandoned plant and introduced new technologies, employed 200 locals and will increase the number of employees in the process of development.
The plant will process 300 tons of apples a day and produce apple concentrate to be exported to Germany.