- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Export of natural resources obstacles Russian innovations2009-11-12 15:19
Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia, in his today's address to the federal Assembly heeded Russia's dependence on raw materials' export. In his view, it slows down the economic development of the country, and it became especially clear in the times of crisis - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"In Russia the economic recession was deeper than in most other countries", Medvedev admitted and admitted that the guilty are not only outside the country.
"We have to admit that in previous years we failed to do enough to solve problems inherited from the past. We have failed so far to dismiss the economy's primitive structure, the humiliating raw materials dependence and reorient production to peoples' real needs," he added.
In his view, supporting economy with income from export impedes innovative development.
"Russian business still prefers to sell goods manufactured in other countries, the competitiveness of our production is shamefully low," he said.
He also promised that in the 21st century Russian modernization will be based on democratic values and institutions.