- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Romania attempts to embrace Moldavia2009-11-13 12:30
Under a new law signed by Romania's President Traian Besesku the people that lived in the territory of Moldavia before 1940 as well as their relatives will be able to obtain Romanian citizenship, Izvestia newspaper writes.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Moreover, the process of acquisition of Romanian citizenship for Moldavian neighbors is simplified since the applicants will be freed from a mandatory language interview.
Curiously enough the new law puts no ban on double citizenship or even permanent residence outside Romania.
It is known last year Romanian-Moldavian relations were tense. Upon accession to the European Union Romania introduced a visa regime for its neighbors arousing a negative reaction of the Moldavian authorities that established a reciprocal visa regime. However after the change of power with the communists replaced by the coalition of liberal forces relations between two countries started to thaw.