- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Organizers of historical and literary award denied access to Georgia2009-11-13 14:10
Two Russian citizens representing the steering committee of Alexander Nevsky historical and literary award were denied access to Georgia by the border service, RIA Novosti reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Marina Guseva and Alexander Veligonenko were supposed to take part in the presentation of the Congress branch in Tbilisi but they were not allowed in the country and denied visas without explanations", - Nana Japaridze-Chkoidze, director of the Georgian branch of the World Congress of Nations of Georgia, said.
There is information that before that Alexander Kinteraia, director of the Russian branch of the World Congress of Nations of Georgia was denied access to Georgia by the border service officers without explaining the reasons.
The representatives of the steering committee of Alexander Nevsky historical and literary award were going to Tbilisi from Moscow via Yerevan planning to announce the establishment of David Agmashenebeli historical and literary award initiated by President of the World Congress of Nations of Georgia Alexander Ebralidze together with the Union of Writers of Russia at the presentation of Tbilisi branch of the Congress.
The Congress was created to unite the representatives of foreign diasporas of Georgian nations and involve them in political, economic and cultural life of their historical motherland as well as to transform Georgia into a democratic, neutral, prosperous and modern state.