- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Cataclysms widen Russian territory2009-11-13 14:14
Over the past two years Russia's territory has increased by 4.5 square kilometers due to seismic processes in Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands, Lenta.ru reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Boris Levin, head of the Institute of Marine Geology & Geophysics after the earthquake in Nevelsk (south of Sakhalin) in August 2007 the seabed went up forming a new strip of land 3 square km in area.
1.5 square km were "given" to Russia by the Sarychev Peak volcano on Matya island in the Kurils that erupted this June causing two deaths and leaving nearly 8 thousand people homeless.