- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
US Interagency Delegation now on a visit to Tbilisi2009-11-17 11:14
The US interagency delegation led by Assistant Secretary of State For Human Rights Michael Posner is now on a visit to Tbilisi. This morning the US delegation started meetings at the US Embassy.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The first to meet with the guests were representatives of NGOs and the media. Before the meeting they told they would focus on current problems in Georgia including freedom of speech and media.
Later the meeting with representatives of the opposition parties is planned to be followed by the US delegation's trip to the State Chancellery of the Georgian government for the session of a working group under the Georgian-USA strategic partnership charter. The current reforms in Georgia and cooperation issues will be discussed at the session. US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Tina Kaidanow, also in Tbilisi now, is expected to attend the meeting.
The US delegation's visit will continue for two days.