- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan and Georgia set for productive cooperation2009-11-17 13:02
Azerbaijan and Georgia express interest in productive and efficient cooperation aimed at peaceful and lawful resolution of all problems.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was stated by Idayat Orujev, chairman of the State Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan on interaction with religious establishments, News Azerbaijan agency reports.
"Our meeting was dedicated primarily to further extension and reinforcement of cultural and spiritual ties between Azerbaijan and Georgia. We also discussed the current situation in Caucasus. It was repeatedly highlighted that our countries call for peaceful and lawful resolution of all problems as strategic partners", - Orujev told the journalists in follow-up to the meeting with Catholicos Patriarch of All Georgia Ilia II during his visit to Georgia.
Ilia II told about his pleasant journey to Baku recently.
"My brotherly visit to Baku recently made a good impression on me. We had very comprehensive meetings on my visit. I met with President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilkham Aliev, President of Geydar Aliev Foundation Mekhriban khanum Alieva and other officials. At the meetings special emphasis was placed on religious issues. We agreed to construct a Georgian church in Baku, and there will be no problems for construction of mosques in Georgia", - the Georgian patriarch stated.