- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition: US have the right idea of democracy situation in Georgia2009-11-18 11:23
Georgian opposition states the US have a clear view of the situation in Georgia not taking seriously the assurances of authorities on allegedly high level of democracy in the country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The USA are interested in what is really going on in Georgia, - ex presidential candidate from the opposition, co-founder of Defend Georgia movement Levan Gachechiladze said. - The USA have no more illusions on current developments in Georgia".
It will be remembered, today Levan Gachechiladze and other opposition leaders met with Michael Posner, US Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labor.
"The fact the meetings with us are organized demonstrate that the States have the right understanding of what is going on in Georgia", - Gachechiladze believes.
He also referred to the necessity "of saving Georgian statehood from ruin" that he declared at the meeting, VZGLYAD reports.
Ex Georgian Ambassador to Russia Erosi Kitsmarishvili also noted that "the USA are aware of what is going on in Georgia in terms of democracy".
The opposition is sure the US representatives "are trying to thoroughly consider problems connected with democracy and freedom of speech".