- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Increase in money transfers to Georgia2009-11-18 13:17
In October 2009 the volume of money transfers to Georgia from abroad has increased by USD 300 thousand amounting to USD 80.7 mln in total as compared to September.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the information of the National Bank of Georgia October's increase in money transfers is mainly due to the growth in remittances from Russia. In October USD 44.6 mln were transferred from Russia to Georgia, USD 700 thousand more than in September.
Ukraine ranks second in money transfers to Georgia - USD 6.2 mln, the USA comes third - USD 5.9 mln, Greece is positioned fourth - USD 5.8 mln.
In October 2009 Georgia transferred USD 6.5 mln abroad which is USD 200 thousand more than in September.
Georgia's money transfers to Russia increased by USD 100 thousand as compared to September and constituted USD 2.678 mln.