- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetian authorities take Leningorsky district under special control2009-11-18 13:39
Leningorsky (Akhalgori) district of South Ossetia, historically a compact community of Georgians, is now under special control of the republic's authorities.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was stated today by RSO PM Vadim Brovtsev who noted this district needed "a special approach".
He also informed that since earlier the communication between the district and the capital of South Ossetia was carried out via the territory of Georgia now, upon acquisition of independence, "it is necessary to build a new road".
According to Brovtsev, "a colossal volume of work has been done on the issue."
He also underlined that Georgia regularly cuts the district off electric power supply so South Ossetia provided for electric power lines and built two substations there.
"In the nearest future the electric power supply in Leningor will be stable", - the PM stated.
"Russian passports are issued to the residents of the district. This is a symbolic, important moment. The Russian consulate is working in this direction", - VZGLYAD quotes.
Brovtsev told that like Ossetian and Russian the Georgian language is taught in district schools.