- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition Calls On USA to Sponsor Georgian TV Channels2009-11-19 15:13
Georgian opposition asks the USA for funds to be spent on creation of programs on opposition Maestro and Kavkasia TV.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As VZGLYAD reports almost all opposition leaders signed this petition. Salome Zurabishvili, ex Foreign Minister, now Way of Georgia party leader will submit the address. Presently she is on a visit to the USA holding negotiations with eminent US politicians, as well as in the Congress and the Senate.
As a source reports, the USA "are well informed" on the problems of freedom of speech in Georgia and that the national TV channels are controlled by the authorities. Michel Posner, US Assistant Secretary of State, visited Tbilisi this week taking thorough interest in free speech issues, the source remarked.