- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia: GEL 10 mln set aside for liquidation of natural disasters' aftermath2009-11-19 18:09
The amount of funds from Georgia's budget set aside for liquidation of consequences of natural disasters is additionally increased to GEL 10 mln.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's session of the Finance and Budget Committee of the Georgian parliament the amendment draft to the 2009 state budget was discussed with the committee supporting its introduction to the plenary session.
It is known that this year a number of Georgian districts were affected by earthquakes and floods. The budgetary funds will be used for mitigation of consequences of these natural calamities.
According to the amendment draft and on the initiative of Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili GEL 35 mln will be set aside for the return of VAT amounts overly paid by entrepreneurs.
Mikheil Saakashvili came forward with this initiative at the government's visiting session in a village of Kakheti district. As he said, before the end of the year the government will return GEL 35 mln of the VAT overly paid by entrepreneurs. Total amount of returned overpaid VAT will be GEL 160 mln.