- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili admits use of Ukrainian arms by Georgia2009-11-20 13:41
According to Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili Georgia had "a small amount" of Ukrainian arms, Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We had Ukrainian arms, - he said. - In a small amount by the way and I believe those were Soviet arms anyway".
Earlier head of interim committee of inquiry at the Verkhovnaya Rada of Ukraine Valery Konovalyuk remarked that Ukrainian president Viktor Yushenko wanted to hush down the arms scandal. "It's shady arms business between Yushenko and Saakashvili that inflicted colossal damage to Ukraine's state budget", - the deputy believes.
As Konovalyuk says, over the past four years Ukraine has sold arms at the amount of USD 2.5 bn when only USD 200 mln have reached the budget. "Authorizing arms supply abroad Yushenko cripples the country's defense capacity and combat readiness of the army", - Konovalyuk says.
He also remarked that the arms had been sold at reduced prices to Georgia, air defense complexes had been taken off the combat duty and there had been Ukrainian war specialists taking part in the hostilities on the Georgian side.
As it is known, recently Ukrainian president Viktor Yushenko disproved the information on Kiev's illegal arms supplies to Tbilisi calling it "complete nonsense".
As he told Russian journalists at Dubai Airshow 2009 Ukraine's arms supplies to Georgia are in compliance with norms of law.
"Our relations with Georgia are like with many other counties. Like Russia has with dozens of consumers on this market", - he noted.
"What's our fault? That we didn't ask Moscow who to trade with? Or that we are compliant with all commitments under the international agreement and work publicly, with full integrity and without secret schemes on this market?" - the Ukrainian president said.