- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kazbegi Residents Concerned Over Upper Lars Opening2009-11-20 14:05
Residents of Kazbegi village (Georgia) protest against Kazbegi-Upper Lars checkpoint opening on the Georgian-Russian border, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Nevertheless, deputies of the Georgian parliament are going to calm the people down and pay a visit to the village personally. According to Jondi Bagaturia a certain group of people disseminates information on "threat-containing activities" now under preparation that make people panic.
However David Bakradze, Speaker of Georgian Parliament remarked that Upper Lars opening would increase Georgia's trade turnover which is directly connected with the country's economic development.
As it is known Upper Lars checkpoint opening was discussed together with the representatives of the Georgian opposition at the Georgian National Security Council session on November 13.