- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Europe is our choice2009-11-24 11:14
Georgia is an ancient European country, - President Mikhail Saakashvili stated during the meeting with the Georgian students that was held yesterday evening in the National Library.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The meeting was also attended by former Prime Minister of Spain Jose Maria Ansar who was paying a visit to Tbilisi.
"Spain is a country that cast off the dictatorship and in the 90s; the Spanish students proved that Spain was one of the founders of the European civilization. Georgia is an ancient European country, and we should never forget about it. We are not the far relatives and we are not going to impose ourselves by force. We are just an integral part of this civilization", - Saakashvili stated.
He says that the 90s of the last century were a true catastrophe for Georgia when the country had neither light, nor any prospects.
"Me and my friends, those who came in politics then had an opportunity, a desire to do really significant things", - Saakashvili explained.
He reminded his driving a Formula-3 car along the new 25-kilometers road section and saying that in 2-3 years he would definitely change the car to a Formula-1 one; still, a lot was to be done before such competition would be held in Georgia.
"The choice we made six years ago is clear. This is our future. We do not want to go back to Soviet Union. Our choice is expressed in one word: Europe. This word means freedom, democracy, independence, peace and cooperation", - Saakashvili stated.