- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
MIA of Abkhazia is ready to cooperate with any country2009-11-24 16:42
MIA of Abkhazia is ready to build relationship with all the countries.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This was stated today by Minister of Foreign Affairs of the republic Sergey Shamba during the press-conference in Sukhum, while he was responding to the opposition's accusations of a pro-western policy carried out by the ministry.
Shamba also underlined that by trying to set up contacts with various countries Abkhazia does not betray its strategic partner, Russia.
"I am in favor of building relationship with the East, the West, the North and the South. But of course, Russia is our strategic ally, and it speaks for itself", - Shamba stated.
"The Abkhaz delegation is currently paying a visit to Iran; this country has always been another important player in the region. Before that, the delegation of Iran had paid a visit to our country. They understand that Abkhazia plays an important role in the regional security", - Shamba said.
According to him, various countries, including Ecuador, Peru and Algeria, express their interest in setting up relationship with Abkhazia.
"Our region has got important neighbors: the European Union countries. We can see that EU's attitude to us is also changing. Not so long ago, while touching upon the pending presidential elections in Abkhazia, the EU Special Representative in the Caucasus Piter Semnebi has stated that these elections have got a significant meaning for Europe. This is really something. Despite the statements that EU is not going to recognize the independence of Abkhazia they want to cooperate with Abkhazia", - Shamba is cited by Interfax.
"We can see that being a member of NATO, Turkey does not recognize Abkhazia and still, it is building its own line in respect of our country", - head of MFA of the republic underlined.
Touching upon relationship with Georgia, the minister stressed the fact that "we are facing a conflict but we are to settle it".
"I am strongly convinced that our country and Georgia should settle the issue of peaceful co-existence and sooner or later we will approach this issue", - he summed up.