- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
MFA of RF demands ceasing provocative acts undertaken by Georgia in respect of Russian citizens2009-11-24 20:31
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia demands that the Georgian authorities should stop arbitrary behavior in respect of the citizens of RF. This was stated today by Authorized Representative of the Russian foreign administration Andrey Nesterenko during a briefing.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Thus, speaking about the case of Pavel Bliadze, a Russian, he called upon the international community and the human rights organizations to pay attention to this case and duly respond to the actions undertaken by Tbilisi, RIA Novosti reports.
Let us remind you that a citizen of Russia, retired Lieutenant Colonel Pavel Bliadze arrived to Georgia this May to visit his relatives; however, according to MFA of RF, when he was crossing the border the Georgian special services suggested that he should announce his being "an agent of Moscow". He refused to do it and in a month he was arrested after a pistol was planted on him. Later on, the court of Tbilisi adjudged him guilty of illegal acquisition and bearing of arms and sentenced him to five years of imprisonment.
"As was expected, the Georgian Themis turned a blind eye on the evidently fabricated nature of the case. Legal proceedings were purely formal from the very beginning... It is absolutely clear that the court was fulfilling an certain order aimed at having revenge on our citizen who refused to help the Georgian special services to disseminate false information about Russia's alleged subversive activities in Georgia", - stated Authorized Representative of MFA of RF.
He also said that Pavel Bliadze's attorney is going to falsify the judgement.
"We are thoroughly watching the fate of this Russian, who, just like many others, became a victim of the Georgian special services' provocative acts", - Nesterenko summed up.