- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Candidate for Abkhazian presidency offered electorate to enter into an agreement with him2009-11-26 16:56
Businessman and leader of the Economic Development Party of Abkhazia (EDA), one of the candidates for presidency Beslan Butba offers the body of electors to enter into an agreement with him.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to RIA Novosti, by signing a document that specifies the name and the contact phone number, a voter is obliged to come to the elections on December 12 and vote for Butba.
The oppositionist believes that in this way the voters get the right to take "an active part in governing Abkhazia and reviving the republic's economy"; moreover, they get the right of public control over the government authorities' actions and are free to publicly express their opinion on the draft decisions having significant public meaning.
The agreement specifies Butba's obligations (as a candidate for presidency) on corruption control, social problems settlement and wages and benefits increase.
The text of the document is disseminated throughout the seven regions of the republic, the run making up 20 thousand copies.
Let us remind you that the presidential elections in Abkhazia are scheduled for December 12.