- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia decided to withdraw from CIS Interstate Parliamentary Assembly2009-11-26 17:13
Georgia, which ceased being member of CIS on August 18 this year, is still a full member of Interstate Parliamentary Assembly of the Commonwealth.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The issue of its withdrawal from this organization will be considered at the nearest meeting held by CIS IPA.
This is the desire of the country, which was stated only this June, although Georgia decided to withdraw from Commonwealth immediately after the conflict in the Caucasus in August 2008, Regnum reports.
The experts attribute such delay to Georgia's unwillingness to finally break relationship with CIS. The country is going to officially withdraw from Interstate Parliamentary Assembly in January should the application of the country remain in force. However, the organization hopes it will only be for a while.
According to Secretary General of the CIS IPA Council Mikhail Krotov, "Georgia is intended to remain party of 75 contracts and agreements, including very important ones, such as the free trade zone".