- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Academy of Defense in Georgia will be transferred to Gori in 20102009-11-27 14:40
Next year, National Academy of Defense in Georgia will be transferred from Tbilisi to Gori.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As the journalists were recently told by Supervisor of Military Exercises and Education of the Georgian Armed Forces Major Lasha Beridze, the location of the academy will be specified later on.
"The academy will undergo certain structural changes, as well as the changes in the training process. The studies will now take four years; it is also planned to prepare a general program for further development of the academy", - he underlined.
The Georgian Military Academy was founded in May 1993 on the basis of the Artillery School of Tbilisi.
As reported earlier by GeorgiaTimes, the transference of the academy will be performed in the context of the Georgian Armed Forces restructuring.
Let us remind you that a large-scale re-dislocation of the military is performed in Georgia on November 19-25. The process is supervised by European Union Mission which has been monitoring the territories adjoining Abkhazia and South Ossetia after the last year war in the Caucasus.
It should also be noted that the distance between Gori and Tbilisi makes up 30 kilometers; approximately the same distance separates Gori and Tskhinval.