- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Erdogan: Europe must respect Muslims2009-12-01 17:31
According to Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the PM of Turkey, Europe must be tolerant in regard to Muslims. In this way he commented the referendum on prohibition of building minarets in Switzerland.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Freedom of worship and conscience cannot be changed via referendum, he said and mentioned that in Turkey Christian churches are being repaired at the expenses of the country's budget, and expects the same attitude to Islam in Europe.
Over half Swiss citizens voted for prohibition of building new minarets. In the view of referendum initiators, building of lots of minarets will lead to islamisation of the country. The government of Switzerland stated it would accept the result of polling.