- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Iakobashvili held meeting with CE representative2009-12-02 17:02
Temur Iakobashvili, the State Minister for Reintegration Issues of Georgia, today held a meeting with wit Jean-Louis Laurent, Director of the General Directorate for Strategic Planning in the Council of Europe.gt-en-newsitem-inside
After the meeting he said the sides discussed mainly the situation in Georgia and its implementation of obligations to the CE.
He highlighted the Georgian side must implement them, including ones of ethnical minorities protection and return of Meskheti Turks.
Iakobashvili confirmed the topic was discussed, but added he talked to Laurent about the situation in Abkhazia and South Ossetia as well.
In his view, the CE must conduct constant monitoring of these territories as well as the EU does.